Herbalista’s Grow a Row Program began in 2015 to help build Atlanta’s Herbal Infrastructure.
We offer agro-education and herbalistic opportunity, sowing the seeds for a more resilient city. We welcome farmers, schools, and individuals, offering online resources and in-person opportunities at the Learning Garden to help folks grow, harvest, process, preserve and share herbs.
Monthly Gatherings at the Learning Garden
- February 11th from 10am – 12pm [ROSEMARY]
- March 17th from 10am – 12pm. [YARROW]
Herb of the Month Club at the Learning Garden
All donations to the Grow a Row Program are tax deductible, thanks to our fiscal partners, MPower Now, Inc.
SHARE YOUR HARVEST
Ideas for Herb Sharing in Atlanta…
- The Fire Cider Brigade makes large batches of Fire Cider to distribute to our friends on the streets in Atlanta. We use lots of GINGER, ONION, GARLIC, ELDERBERRY, TURMERIC, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR and HONEY. Please contact the Brigade directly at FireCiderBrigade@gmail.com if you have any to share.
- The Fleur + Forage Free Clinic, who now steward the Atlanta Herb Cart, can always use herbal donations. Please contact them directly for their herb wish list.
- The Atlanta Herb Collective maintains an online thread for herbal sharing in the Atlanta area on their Discord discussion group. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to join their Discord Group.
- Any suggestions for this list, please send us an email.
THANKS TO OUR PARTNERS-IN-DIRT
Farm Camp ATL
Farm Camp Atl works to support local farming initiatives, create spaces that provide a respite from the City and encourage environmental conservation. They host the Herbalista Learning Garden on their grounds where where we hold our monthly volunteer learning days and seasonal herb distillations!
The Funny Farm
The Funny Farm is a 3 acre suburban permaculture haven, located in Stone Mountain, GA where Duane and Robin grow veggies, small fruits, herbaceous and woody flowers, medicinal herbs, mushrooms, and worms. They teach classes on organic gardening, sustainable living, and run the medicinal herb line Stone Mountain Herbs. Duane is a co-founder of the Grow a Row Program and is also an active member and trainer for the Herb Cart Program. For more information, please visit their website at www.funnyfarmatl.com
Grow Where You Are Farm
Hearthfire Farm + Nursery
Hearthfire Farm + Nursery’s mission is to help people grow their own herbal medicine! We strive to do this at a financially accessible price for everyone, because every person deserves access to medicine, and every bee, butterfly, and critter deserves a chance to continue their incredible legacy. For more information, visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hearthfirefarm
Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill
The Urban Food Forest at Browns Mill is Atlanta’s first Community Urban Food Forest, as well as a new model for a City of Atlanta park. The food forest produces a wide variety of fresh, flavorful, and healthy nuts, fruits, vegetables, herbs, and mushrooms, which will become available for public consumption. They kindly partner with us for trainings and workshops. For more information about this incredible place, please visit their website.
The Wylde Center
The Wylde Center offers educational programs, events and greenspaces that actively engage youth, families and individuals in their environment, health and community, and that develop skills in environmental science, sustainable urban living, organic gardening, health, and nutrition. They kindly partner with us for trainings and workshops. For more information, visit them at www.wyldecenter.org