Join the Herbalista Crew!
Become a monthly sustainer and help us build a more vital community through herbalism. Your support helps keep the wheels turning at Herbalista!
Your membership includes:
- Entrance to Plant Rambles
- Discounts on Herbalista classes
- Access to the online Herbalista Toolkit
School or Business
The Herbalista Free Clinic operates through a partnership with MPower Now, a 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Your support helps us continue the Herbalista mission of building community through herbalism. Your donations fund the free clinics that serve hundreds each year as well as continue to build our web-based resources that have helped other communities create mobile clinics of their own.
Become a Monthly Sustainer!
- Entrance to Plant Rambles and other member events,
- Access to the soon to be released Herbalista Toolkit! (Launching Spring 2017)
Make an Individual Donation
- To donate via Paypal please click here.
- Personal Checks:
- Made payable to MPower Now (Please write Herbalista on the memo line.)c/o Lorna Mauney-Brodek, PO Box 17967, Atlanta, GA 30316
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
WE STAND WITH STANDING ROCK
n November 14th, 2016 the Herb Bus traveled to North Dakota to provide medical and logistical support at the protest camps at Standing Rock. The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe is courageously protecting both the water and their rights as a sovereign nation. Lorna spent several days working in the herbal medic yurt, Kimmy and Darby helped out with both construction projects and in the kitchens, and we delivered lots of supplies and medicines. Thanks to everyone who contributed to those efforts.
If you still wish to send supplies or donations directly to the Standing Rock Medic and Healer Council, please utilize this current list of needs. or consider a cash donation directly to the Medic Healer Council.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
FOOT AND HERBAL CARE in CALAIS!
Thanks to everyone who donated towards my two trips to serve in the Calais Refugee Camp in France in the summer of 2016. Along with other holistic practitioners, I provided foot care in this makeshift village of over 6,000 displaced persons (including unaccompanied minors.) These refugees are from all over– not only Syria, but from Afghanistan, Sudan, India, Eritrea, and Pakistan. Each night many try to hop lorries and trains to make the channel crossing into England. A few might be successful, but many will end up at our first aid station with rubber bullet contusions, sprains, and strains. It was difficult to see so many in such devastating circumstances and to appreciate the reality that the people we were seeing are almost the lucky ones, meaning they had made it this far and not died along the way. In the face of all this, I am glad that I have even this little service to offer. I am grateful that I can hold someone’s foot, soothe some of their pains, and offer a moment of tender care. And I am grateful for all of you! We couldn’t do this work without you!
Thank you for considering donating herbal supplies to Herbalista. The Herbalista Free Clinic provides earth-based care to the homeless and other underserved populations in Atlanta and around the country. We dispense herbal remedies via our mobile clinics (the Herb Bus and the Herb Cart) and also distribute herbal care packages. Your support will help sustain our efforts!
If you have any questions regarding herbal donations, please contact Lorna at Lorna@Herbalista.org.
Thanks to everyone and everything that has made this project the community resource it is today.
Together we will continue building community through herbalism and putting the heart back in healthcare.
Much appreciation to the communities who welcome us into their folds, love to the friends and family who share our journey, and gratitude to the mighty crew who holds it down in the ATL and now DUB to make it all possible.
And the crew I speak of is larger than Herbalista. It is larger than the Big House or the Open Door Community or the Apollo House. Our crew rolls deep. We may not always know each other, but we are headed in the same direction. We may not have realized we had each other’s backs, but we defend the same rights and stand by the same ideals.
A big shout-out to the urban agrarians; the homesteaders and humanitarians; the craftsmen and caretakers; the teachers and radicals; the permaculturalists and pacifists; the wellness warriors and earth champions.
Thank you friends of the field, the forest, the street, and the subway.
May we continue to rally together, for health and community!
Much love to the founding community of support for the little bus that could!
* Alicia Margaret/ Reiki * Ann Mauney * Anna Apotheca * Anne Hughes * Appalachian School of Holistic Herbalism * Ashley Bohanon/ Boholistic Bodywork * The Big House/ 368 Ponce * Blue Ridge School of Herbal Medicine * BotanoLogos School of Herbal Medicine/ Patricia Howell * Callahan McDonough * California School of Herbal Studies * Cara-Lee Langston * Carol A Sandiford * The Center for Love and Light * Chelsea Gomes * Christina Gibson * Christine Tholl * Diane Lasek * Deb Chichester * Duane Marcus * The Ecology Center * Five Flavors Herbs * Florida Earthskills Gathering * The Funny Farm * Frontier Natural Products Coop * Galen’s Way * Gentle Harmony Farm * Georgia Organics * Ginger Beshears * Gretchen “Firehorse” Patsios * Hill Botanical * Homestead Atlanta * Jan Desalvo * Janet Ivarie * Jennifer Earl * Jessica Horwitz * Jennifer Proctor/ Twilight Reveille * Joanna Kaslow * Judith Wagner * Judy Conder * Karen Mauney-Brodek * Katja Swift * Kyla Zaro-Moore * Liliana Hudgins * Lisa Coolidge * Lisa Marie Welch * Lisa Schnellinger * Lorraine Fontana * Lydia & Bob Dalton * Lynn Brandli * The MAYE Center * Melissa Monk *Momo Automotive (for keeping The Herb Bus running smooth!) * MPower Now * Mountain Rose Herbs * Ofelia Sierra * Open Door Community * Orion * Oscar Sierra/ Buckhead Acupuncture * Pam Gould / Earth Mama Remedies * Pine’s Herbals * Randy Aronov * Raul Aparcana * Ray and Betsey Miklethun * Reid Forrester * Richard Ward * The Rohling Family * Ronda Reynolds * Rose Marincil * Sarah Bartlett * ScoutMob Atlanta * Shana Wright * Southeast Women’s Herbal Gathering * Stone Soup Kitchen * The Super Salve Company * Susan Kramer * Ted Brodek * Terra Birds * Urban Moonshine *